Design Thinking For K-12 Educators
This course provides an introduction to design thinking for K-12 teachers. Design thinking is a structured process used by educators, business leaders, and designers for solving complex, real-world problems.
As a participant, you will:
- Explore why the design thinking process is becoming increasingly popular, and how the process can be applied to K-12 classrooms.
- Learn about the different steps in the design thinking process.
- Receive tools, resources, and practical guidelines for applying design thinking in your classroom.
- Engage in hands-on work that uses a design guide template to lead you through the design thinking process.
- Describe the different steps in the design thinking process.
- Recognize how empathy functions in the design thinking process.
- Describe how the design thinking process might be useful to you and your students.
- Apply the design thinking process to your own classroom.
- Create your own design thinking challenge.
Instructor-led course (no detailed data).
the course offers Badges and Certificate (no detailed data).
- Soft skills Teamwork, Communication
- Language English
- Other languages (eg. Subtitles) Unknown
- Period of activation Unknown
- Date Unknown
- Duration 4 weeks
- Level of commitment required 1 hour / week
- Cost Unknown * See platform for details
- Providing institution The College of William & Mary
- Mooc Platform Canvas
- Target group K-12 teachers
- Instructor Lindy L. Johnson
- Level of assistance offered no data
- Keywords Teamwork, communication, design thinking, It basic knowledge, it security