Creative Problem Solving and Decision Making.Learn how to solve complex problems with analytics based decision-making and solution designs.
Explore complex, multi-actor systems in which one factor influences all other factors. For instance, how innovative energy technologies merge into the existing energy system, or how new transport possibilities impact current processes. Armed with this information, learn to decide whether they should be further developed, consider possible negative results and weigh associated costs.
This course explores and evaluates tools and problem solving methods such as:
- Actor analysis
- Causal modeling
- Goal trees and means-end diagrams
- Problem diagrams
- Decision support
- Score cards
The course consists of five steps, which all have the same structure. Each step starts by introducing a new technique and discussing its application in a video. After having watched the video participants can discuss about the video content in the discussion forum. At the end of each step of a course there is a test (consists of around 8 -10 the multiple choice questions).
Structure of the course
Step 1: Actor analysis
Step 2: Goal analysis
Step 3: Causal analysis
Step 5: Alternative analysis
Step 5: Scenario analysis
- Analytically based support of decision-making, design and implementation of solutions.
- How to apply tools like actor analysis, causal modeling, goal trees and means-end diagrams, problem diagrams, uncertainty, decision support and score cards.
In this course participants learn through:videosquizzes game-like labscool toolsparticipating in the discussion forum and Facebookglossary (definitions of terms and concepts that can be useful for the course).
The grading of this course is totally based on the multiple choice questions at the end of each step of a course. Each test consist of around 810 questions.Each multiple test accounts for 20% of total grade. In order to receive a certificate, you need to score at least 60% total grade.Enrollment for verified certificates closed on 12/24/2015
- Soft skills Problem solving
- Language English
- Other languages (eg. Subtitles) Unknown
- Period of activation Unknown
- Date Unknown
- Duration Unspecified
- Level of commitment required 40 hours, self-paced
- Cost Free * See platform for details
- Providing institution TUDelft
- Mooc Platform edex
- Target group Open to anyone
- Instructor Alexander de Haan, Fieke Miedema, Elianne de Regt, Els van Daalen
- Level of assistance offered Unknown
- Keywords Decision-making, solve problems, problem solving methods, It basic knowledge, it security