Becoming Part of the Globalised Workplace.
"This course aims to build learners? confidence and adaptability when communicating in cross-cultural environments as they assume leadership responsibility to communicate influence in persuasive workplace contexts. The course focuses on enhancing learners? professional persona for skilful engagement and intercultural communication with stakeholders within and beyond the organization, including cross-departmental work teams, clients and external partners. This course is the 4th of 5 in the ""Effective Communication in the Globalised Workplace"" Specialization."
It is a 4th part of Effective Communication in the Globalised Workplace Specialisation.
Course aims to build your confidence when communicating in intercultural and persuasive workplace contexts. The course focuses on enhancing your professional persona for skillful verbal engagement with stakeholders within and beyond the organisation.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- recognise the impact of cultural dimensions on factors of motivation;
- craft persuasive verbal communication products (i.e. dialogues) for exchanges with work teams and critical stakeholders;
- apply principles of effective use of visual aids, such as PowerPoint slide design, with consideration for cultural sensitivity;
- adopt strategies for use of voice and body language for engaging presentations.
Assessments: end of section assessments, the final assessment (quiz), review classmates.
- Soft skills Communication, Teamwork, Conflict management
- Language English
- Other languages (eg. Subtitles) Unknown
- Period of activation Unknown
- Date Unknown
- Duration Unknown
- Level of commitment required 1-2 hours/week
- Cost Paying * See platform for details
- Providing institution National University of Singapore
- Mooc Platform Coursera
- Target group StudentsYoung workersWorkers
- Instructor Misty So-Sum Wai-Cook
- Level of assistance offered Susan Lee will be guiding through the content in short video lectures
- Keywords Communication, teamwork, cultural differences, , adaptability and flexibility, It basic knowledge, it security