Career Total Fitness Annual Retreat
n the business world, modern organizations conduct corporate retreats on a regular basis to consider their strategic direction, review progress, and set up goals and objectives for the year. In this course you will use the same approach to organize, strategize, re-energize, and re-invigorate your career building activities. The final Capstone Project is designed as an annual retreat aimed at facilitating your ability to step back from day-to-day demands and strategically focus on gaining a competitive edge on the job market by investigating new opportunities for career growth, conducting a thorough audit of your skill-building and self-marketing strategies, and developing new ways to enhance and showcase your marketable skills. The course is the 4th of 4 in the Career Brand Management Specialization.
This is the four part of the specialization (capstone project) in the four-part Career Brand Management Specialisation.
In this course you will use the same approach to organize, strategize, re-energize, and re-invigorate your career building activities. Overall, the Capstone Project will help you organize yourself, fine tune your self-management information system, provide a framework for strategic self-management, and serve as an effective self-coaching support system. In the end, you will be well positioned to succeed in the marketplace as the CEO of your own career!
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- The Capstone Project is designed as a virtual training and development facility where you will engage in career investigation research, self-audit, and creating evidence-based portfolios, professional development plans, self-marketing and personal branding strategies, presentations, and public profiles;
- You’ll be actively working with your cohort (study group members) to review their work and receive peer feedback;
- You may also use the Capstone as a “career fitness gym” and work independently on a project where you will share your results with others and receive peer feedback. Examples of these projects include but are not limited to developing a self-marketing plan, creating a new digital artifact, developing communication strategy, working on a job application, creating a selection criteria statement, and looking for best practices and self-assessment tools;
Assessments: learning checks, end of section assessments, the final assessment, discussion questions, capstone project.An instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo (79$).
- Soft skills Self evaluation, Teamwork, Learning to learn
- Language English
- Other languages (eg. Subtitles) Unknown
- Period of activation Unknown
- Date Unknown
- Duration 4 weeks
- Level of commitment required 1-2 hours/week
- Cost Free MOOC, Paying certification * See platform for details
- Providing institution The State University of New York
- Mooc Platform Coursera
- Target group StudentsYoung workersWorkers
- Instructor Valeri Chukhlomin, Michele Forte, John M. Beckem II, Tonka Jokelova, Amy Giaculli.
- Level of assistance offered Dr. Valeri ChukhlominMichele ForteDr. John M. Beckem IIDr. Tonka JokelovaAmy Giaculli
- Keywords Communication, self-learning, self-management,, It basic knowledge, it security