Decision Skills: Power Tools to Build Your Life
This course provides you with a set of tools to help you make choices, a path to developing decision skills and improving your life.
- Weeks 1-2: Take Charge and Improve Your Outcomes with Decision Skills and Form Teams
- Week 3: Recognize and Avoid Decision Traps
- Week 4: Define a Helpful Frame and Clarify Your Values
- Week 5: Explore Creative Alternatives and Generate Useful Information
- Week 6-7: Apply Sound Reasoning
- Week 8: Commit and Follow Through
In this course you will:
- Learn the decision quality framework for improving your personal and life decisions
- Discover common decision traps and tools to combat them
- Apply the decision framework to a variety of situations to experience the value of making better decisions
cMooc (based on discussion among the participants and creation of contents)xMooc (based on transmission of contents through video, documents, tests)team working among the participantsforum, blogs etc.individual homework or paper requestedother....
Subject to satisfactory performance and course completion, participants will receive a statement of accomplishment signed by the instructor.
- Soft skills Analytical Skills, Problem solving, Leadership
- Language English
- Other languages (eg. Subtitles) Unknown
- Period of activation Periodicaly opened
- Date Unknown
- Duration 8 weeks
- Level of commitment required 2-3 hours per week
- Cost Free * See platform for details
- Providing institution Decision Education Foundation
- Mooc Platform NovoEd
- Target group This course is designed for adults who work with youth: educators, mentors, counselors and parents. Teenagers will also find the material accessible and relevant to their life and the choices they face.
- Instructor Chris Spetzler
- Level of assistance offered Availability of the teacher not specified group activities
- Keywords Decision making, decision skills