DQ 101: Introduction to Decision Quality
Uncertainty and endless debate can inhibit our ability to make good decisions. Decision Quality (DQ) is a practical and systematic approach that methodically breaks down barriers and improves the quality and timeliness of important decisions.
Week 1: The Power of Decisions in Shaping our Lives and Business Week 2: Appropriate Frame; Creative and Doable Alternatives; Clear Values and Tradeoffs Week 3: Relevant and Reliable Information; Sound Reasoning Week 4: Gaining Commitment to Action
By the end of this course, you will be able to: Understand the six requirements of Decision Quality Recognize the quality of a decision before you make it (not just in hindsight) Identify gaps in Decision Quality and focus your attention where it matters Reach DQ in significant decisions in a timely and efficient way Gain awareness of strategic Decision Quality, decision "power tools," and the role of decision professionals.
Team working among the participants; individual homework or paper requested.
Participants will earn a statement of completion, signed by the instructor, if they complete the required number of assignments during the course.
- Soft skills Analytical Skills, Problem solving, Leadership
- Language English
- Other languages (eg. Subtitles) Unknown
- Period of activation Periodicaly opened
- Date Unknown
- Duration 4 weeks
- Level of commitment required 2 hours per week
- Cost Free * See platform for details
- Providing institution Strategic Decision Group
- Mooc Platform NovoEd
- Target group Unknown
- Instructor Carl Spetzler
- Level of assistance offered Unknown
- Keywords Decision making, career