21st Century Learning
This course will introduce you to 21st century learning tools and practices. You will examine how they can facilitate learning and teaching, and evaluate your own digital literacies, create your own personal learning environment, find open educational resources, explore virtual worlds and more!
You'll start this course by looking at yourself, to explore career opportunities. As you progress you will gain the skills to write strong CVs and application forms, and to handle different types of interviews. By the end of the course you will have made a start on your own realistic and robust action plan to enable you to find a job that will fulfil your aspirations and suit your lifestyle. You’ll use plenty of real-life examples to help with this and get plenty of opportunities to practise your new understanding and skills.
Part of this practice will be the weekly interactive quizzes, of which Weeks 4 and 8 will provide you an opportunity to earn a badge to demonstrate your new skills. You can read more on how to study the course and about badges in the next sections.
Lesson 1 - Introduction and Digital Literacy
Lesson 2 - Overview of Learning Technologies
Lesson 3 - Open Education
Lesson 4 - Social Media
Lesson 5 - Virtual Worlds and Augmented Reality
Lesson 6 - Future Scenarios
Name of the teachers and synthetic profile
Prof. Dr. Grainne Conole is Chair in Education at the University of Bath Spa (United Kingdom). Her research interests include e-learning, open educational resources, massive open online courses, social media, and new approaches to designing for learning. She was awarded an HEA National Teaching Fellowship in 2012, and is also a fellow of EDEN and ASCILITE. She has published and presented over 1000 conference proceedings, workshops and article.
We suggest: Lesson 1- Types of Digital Literacies- Developing Digital Literacies
Declared aims of the MOOC By the end of this MOOC, successful participants will be able to:
- Describe current learning technologies, resources and practices.
- Analyse their own learning practices.
- Incorporate new practices into their own teaching
Outcomes: Successful participants will explore a range of current technologies, resources and practices, and experiment with them to evaluate their effectiveness for teaching and learning.
cMooc (based on discussion among the participants and creation of contents)
Completion certificates are available to anyone completing 70% of this course. These certificates are not credit bearing. Outcomes are evaluated only by autonomous self-evaluation.
- Soft skills (Digital) Communication, (Digital) Problem solving, Leadership
- Language English
- Other languages (eg. Subtitles) Unknown
- Period of activation Self-paced
- Date Unknown
- Duration 6 weeks
- Level of commitment required 2-3 hours per week
- Cost Free * See platform for details
- Providing institution Federico II and Bath Spa Universities
- Mooc Platform EMMA (European Multiple MOOC Aggregator)
- Target group Students and teachers
- Instructor Grainne Conole
- Level of assistance offered Peer-support is available by textual discussion on pages of each lesson and topic. + Blogs, which are available within the EMMA platform and provide a space to document your learning.
- Keywords Digital literacy, digital skills, learning technologies