Critical Thinking: Improve Reasoning & Communication Skills
This course is aimed at the development of critical thinking skills which can boost anyone's skill set and positively impact their effectiveness in all decision making contexts - as parents, employees, employers, students, etc.
This course is the basic guide for the development of critical thinking skills focused on argumentation.
Section 1: All about your instructor
Lecture 1 Elly's credentials and professional background
Lecture 2 Netiquette
Section 2: Six lessons on critical thinking
Lecture 3 Introduction to critical thinking
Lecture 4 What is critical thinking?
Lecture 5 Rhetoric and sophistry
Lecture 6 Deductive versus inductive reasoning
Lecture 7 Formal fallacies
Lecture 8 Informal fallacies
Section 3: Inductive reasoning
Lecture 9 Analogical arguments
Lecture 10 Evaluating analogical arguments
Section 4: Good byes!
Lecture 11 Keep in touch!
In this course you will:
- develop critical thinking skills
- be able to detect poor reasoning strategies in yourself and others,
- be able to acquire greater clarity of thought, become more precise, and proficient at the presentation of arguments in defence of your beliefs.
By the end of this course you will:
- become aware of your own thinking processes and better able to detect hidden and false assumptions,
- become better communicators, open-minded, less judgmental, yet confident in your judgments.
Course based on transmission of contents through video:11 lectures 1,5 hours of video content
Certificate of completion (55 (€))
- Soft skills Communication, Analytical Skills
- Language English
- Other languages (eg. Subtitles) Unknown
- Period of activation Self-paced
- Date Unknown
- Duration Unspecified
- Level of commitment required Unknown
- Cost Paying * See platform for details
- Providing institution Elly Pirocacos
- Mooc Platform Udemy
- Target group This course is for everyone should take this course. Participants don't require any prior knowledge to take this course.
- Instructor Elly Pirocacos (practical philosopher - academic philosopher).
- Level of assistance offered Availability of instructor (mail, discussing forum)
- Keywords Critical thinking, communication skills