Last updated : 30 Nov 2016
Leadership for engineers
Solving global problems requires leaders who, in the first place, are comfortable with technology, models and quantitative analyses; leaders who see systems instead of isolated problems. However, simply understanding technology is not enough. Successful leaders today must have both the ideas and the know-how to put these ideas into action by working collaboratively with others, winning their hearts and minds. This Mooc, designed for people enrolled in engineering studies or with working experience in the filed, will develop transversal skills, in particular leadership.
The Mooc is divuded in 3 parts:
- In the first part, you will explore the context that leaders are facing, building an understanding of the complexities of global and business challenges. You will discover the ambiguities and the many stakeholders that leaders must consider when making their choices. You will get a sense of effective leadership practices.
- In the second part, you will discover your “who am I” through personal and group exercises. You will create a “Personal Charter” that can serve as a life-long guide, helping you, as a leader, to make important choices in your personal and professional life.
- In the third part, we will bring the knowledge of the context and yourself together. We will translate the insights of this course into a leadership model and you will discover what sustainable leaders do. We will offer you frameworks to help you make your own career choices. We will finally help you to ‘sell’ yourself as a leader.
At the end of the Mooc, the participant will acquire a better understanding of:
- How to be a successful leader in a complex, tech-centered world
- What leaders can do in this world, and what strategies they develop
- A deeper understanding of themself
- A “Personal Charter” to guide their life and leadership decisions
- What sustainable leadership is
- How to make career choices
- How to position themself as a leader
Final certificate under payment of $50