Creativity & Entrepreneurship
Creativity & Entrepreneurship will help you tap into your inner creativity and learn how to leverage it for career development or business innovation.
Presented by Berklee Institute for Creative Entrepreneurship founder Panos Panay, this course features interviews with world renown entrepreneurs, innovators, songwriters, producers, creative directors, educators, performers, visual artists and chefs as they discuss parallels between the creative and entrepreneurial journeys.
The course approaches entrepreneurship as a creative process, a fundamental human instinct that we all possess and can unlock. Creativity & Entrepreneurship applies concepts from the creative and musical creation process, such as observing, prototyping, iterating and embracing failure, as a means of guiding you through the concept of thinking like a startup. You will develop the basic mindset, knowledge, and insights required to pursue an entrepreneurial career, whether as the steward of your own career or as the founder of a new business in any field.
Creativity & Entrepreneurship is about the side of entrepreneurship you won’t learn at a business school but, instead, in the music studio.
Lesson 1: INSPIRATION: The Entrepreneurial Mindset
- What is Entrepreneurship after all?
- Why musicians are natural entrepreneurs
- 5 Skills of Successful Innovators
- Seeing What Others Don’t/Learn to Observe
Lesson 2: CREATION: Team Building and Product Development
- Connecting with your Intentions
- Process of Reduction
- Falling in love with a Problem
Lesson 3: COLLABORATION/PRESENTATION
- Understanding your Customer
- Building a Team
- Developing your Brand
Lesson 4: REJUVINATION: The Inner Game of Entrepreneurship
- Coping with Failure
- The Art of Relationship Building/Developing a Network
- Learn to Replenish
- Panos’ This much I know is True
What you'll learn
- How to approach your career or startup as if learning a musical instrument
- Why entrepreneurship, like creativity, is something we all possess
- How to apply “the musician mindset” as means to collaboration and creative problem solving
- Why songwriting is a perfect parallel to career and product development
- Why there’s more to entrepreneurship than business plans and spreadsheets much like there’s more to music than scales and lead sheets
Work in groups, teamworking, individual homework or paper requested.
Weekly graded assignments
- Soft skills Creativity and innovation, Problem solving, Content creation
- Language English
- Other languages (eg. Subtitles) Unknown
- Period of activation Self-paced
- Date Unknown
- Duration Unknown
- Level of commitment required Unknown
- Cost Free MOOC, Paying certification * See platform for details
- Providing institution Berklee College of Music
- Mooc Platform edX
- Target group Unknown
- Instructor Panos Panay, Founding Managing Director of Berklee's Institute for Creative Entrepreneurship
- Level of assistance offered Unknown
- Keywords Unknown