Creative Leadership For Effective Leaders (Foundation Level)
A manager usually faces leadership demands as part of working in an ever-changing market condition. As a leader who manages a business, you may constantly being asked to "be creative" or "be innovative" in response to complex external situations as well as constant internal work setting. Increasingly, as leaders, more and more business challenges may be new and did not exist before. Often, without realization- failure is more common as well. Unfortunatley, one major cause is false starts, which can be a drain on resources and morale- possibly due to cases of narrow thinking, coupled with lack of suitable processes to support productive collaboration. The result may be: Stress and frustration.
To this end, creative leadership course provides guided learning on a deliberate process that faciliate strategizing and operationalizing business directions in every changing situations. Crucial ability to organize your thinking helps to cope with gaps in information towards generating ideas. Creative leadership consist of creative thinking method to become part of the making better and more informed decisions to be transformed into innovations. Better still, critical thinking plays an important role to form deeper understanding of ideas from various data sources. This helps to arrange arguments to be presented clearly and convincingly in any situation. Through these teachable and deliberate thought processes to help you make sense in many leadership challenges, more meaning can be found in various aspects of workplace to create knowledge towards gaining control over your environment.
Creative leaders would be comfortable to use both Critical Thinking and Creative Thinking skills that exist to provide insight into the breadth of deliberate engagement in Creative Problem Solving.
The aim of this course is suitable for management and leadership personnel across the full range of functions, from administrators to professional managers. Another key take-away is this open learning course itself, which is a re-usable learning resource to be made avaiable to registered learners as reference at anytime of the day, as long as you can access this learning platform from various technological devices.
As a manager or leader or even an employee, you will gain information and knowledge from this self-paced and free course in:
- Examining the concept of creative leadership and its components
- Using creative process to find creative solutions.
- Identifying the habits essential to critical thinking.
- Stating the mind set to creative thinking and creative problem solving.
- Practising a simple, proven and replicable creative thinking and creative problem solving process.
- Stating checklists and guidelines for creative thinking and critical thinking.
- Describing tools to support each phase of the creative thinking and creative problem solving process.
Work in groups, teamworking, individual homework or paper requested.
Weekly graded assignments
- Soft skills Creativity and innovation, Leadership
- Language English
- Other languages (eg. Subtitles) Unknown
- Period of activation Self-paced
- Date Unknown
- Duration Unknown
- Level of commitment required Unknown
- Cost Free * See platform for details
- Providing institution none
- Mooc Platform OpenLearning
- Target group Unknown
- Instructor Unknown
- Level of assistance offered Unknown
- Keywords Unknown