Think. Create. Code
Learn how to create your own artistic images and animations and display them in our online gallery, which has now been enhanced to suit self-paced learners.
Our world is becoming increasingly digitized. For many of us, barely a day goes past without recording a video, taking and editing photos, and sharing digital content across multiple applications. But how well do we understand the technology we're using, and how is digital information created and manipulated?
With many careers today involving some form of computation, there is a growing urgency for individuals to move beyond digital literacy, to understand how digital technologies work, and to develop literacy in code. This course will help you acquire it.
In this course, you will not only learn the inner workings of your digital world, but also create and manipulate images with code, creating new artworks and interactive animations. Your images and animations will be displayed in an online Art Gallery, forming part of a vibrant learning community.
You will also develop effective computational thinking skills and concepts transferable to other coding environments and programming languages.
What you'll learn
- Computational thinking skills
- Introductory programming concepts, such as sequencing, iteration and selection
- Skills and knowledge of how to create art and basic animations with ProcessingJS
- Preparation for study of computer science or other programming languages
Individual homework or paper requested.
Weekly graded assignments
- Soft skills Creativity and innovation
- Language English
- Other languages (eg. Subtitles) Unknown
- Period of activation Self-paced
- Date Unknown
- Duration Unknown
- Level of commitment required Unknown
- Cost Free MOOC, Paying certification * See platform for details
- Providing institution University of Adelaide
- Mooc Platform edX
- Target group Unknown
- Instructor Unknown
- Level of assistance offered Unknown
- Keywords Unknown