The course aims to build learners’ confidence and adaptability when communicating in cross-cultural environments as they assume leadership responsibility to communicate influence in persuasive workplace contexts. The course focuses on enhancing learners’ professional persona for skilful engagement and intercultural communication with stakeholders within and beyond the organization, including cross-departmental work teams, clients and external partners.
In this Specialization aimed for those who are preparing to enter the workplace, we will share with you some key cultural and linguistic features characterizing effective communication in this increasingly diverse and internationalised workplace. This is done through four courses, building from knowing the self to communicating with the inner circle of colleagues within the organisation and expanding this circle to include external partners and stakeholders. There is also a capstone project which requires you to apply what you have learned in the four courses in real-life contexts potentially with industry players.
- Analyse factors of motivation among workplace counterparts.
- Recognise the impact of culture on factors of motivation.
- Critique and craft persuasive verbal communication products (i.e. script of dialogue) for exchanges with work teams and critical stakeholders.
- Apply principles of effective PowerPoint slide design with consideration for cultural sensitivity.
- Identify and adopt strategies on the use of voice and body language for engaging presentations.