Introduction to Negotiation: Professional Effectiveness
If you are new to negotiation, this course will present the necessary elements of negotiation so you can begin to build your skills. If you have training and experience with negotiation, revisiting the elements allows you to compare your past experiences with the state-of-the-art thinking in the field.
This course is specifically designed to take advantage of the unique tools and functionality of the NovoEd Platform; you will work closely with others students on assignments, discussion prompts, exercises and negotiation simulations. While key subject matter receives significant coverage by your teacher, almost all of the videos are packaged in easily consumable 5-7 minute video modules. Also, you will have a chance to pose questions, receive feedback, and participate in real-time Q&A sessions with your instructor using the latest in live video streaming technology.
At the end of the course participants will acquire a better understanding of:
- Your Current Negotiation Style : with reference to the five archetypes.
- Anchoring Tactics : how a first offer works, or sometimes doesn't work.
- Concession Patterns : how making concessions operates to best effect.
- Culture : how different views of the world, of business, and of negotiation will affect outcomes.
- Curating Your Information : analyzing the information you receive and identifying the type of information your counterpart is withholding.
- Managing Deception : whether by omission or commission, deception must be anticipated, identified and managed.
- Dealing with Negative Emotions : how to work with and through the negative feelings that infect many negotiations.
Frequent interaction with the instructor; team working among the participants; individual ‘homework’ or paper requested
Final certificate of accomplishment.
- Soft skills Negotiation
- Language English
- Other languages (eg. Subtitles) Aucune information
- Period of activation Periodicaly opened
- Date Aucune information
- Duration 5 weeks
- Level of commitment required Aucune information
- Cost Payant * Détails sur la plateforme
- Providing institution NovoEd
- Mooc Platform NovoEd
- Target group Aucune information
- Instructor David Johnson
- Level of assistance offered Availability of teacherFeedback on assignmentsReal time Q&A sessions
- Keywords Negotiation