Inclusive Leadership Training: Becoming a Successful Leader
In this course, you will learn what successful 21st-century leaders look like and how you can adopt their inclusive leadership style. Using research and best practices, as well as stories from great leaders and everyday people, you will practice empowerment, accountability, courage, and humility?key leadership skills linked to inclusive, successful teams.
This course is part of the XSeries.
Section 1: 21st Century Leaders
Section 2: Unconscious Challenges & Otherness
Section 3: Getting to Inclusive Leadership
Section 4: Pulling It All Together
What you'll learn:
- What successful 21st-century leaders do
- How to develop and refine the key inclusive leadership skills of Empowerment, Accountability, Courage, and Humility—known as the “EACH” framework.
- How to apply your new skills to case studies and in real-life situations
- Why creating your own Personal Leadership Plan is integral to success and weekly guidance around developing yours
the course is self-paced with many communication forms.Course content contains mainly video, as well as readings, quizzes and tasks.
Grading: Students who have an overall score of 60% pass the course. All work is due by October 17, 2016, 16:00 UTC, when the course closes. At the end of the course, students are expected to submit a Commitment to Action in video or written form. Each component is weighted toward grading as follows:Section Checklists, Sections 1-3: Engagement with section content, including videos, discussion, written material, exercises, activitiesPersonal Leadership Plan work: 40% of the total grade o Personal Leadership Plan Checklist, Section 4: Completion or significant development of Personal Leadership Plan by end of course: 40% of total gradeCommitment to Action, Section 4: 20% of total grade
- Soft skills Communication, Travail d'équipe, Leadership
- Language English
- Other languages (eg. Subtitles) Aucune information
- Period of activation Self-paced
- Date Aucune information
- Duration 4 sections
- Level of commitment required 1 – 1,5 hours per section
- Cost MOOC Gratuit, Certification payante * Détails sur la plateforme
- Providing institution Catalyst
- Mooc Platform edX
- Target group Aucune information
- Instructor Deepali Bagati, ?Krista Brookman, Emily V. Troiano
- Level of assistance offered The discussion forums (run by Catalyst moderators)Social support through Wiki and social media (Facebook, Tweeter, LinkedIn etc.)
- Keywords Leadership, communication, teamwork, problem solving, conflict management, negotiation, implementation