Career Edge: Resume, Networking and Interview Skills
Week 1: Section 0: Course Introduction
Meet the course team and learn how to navigate the course
Week 2: Section 1: The Resume
Learn how to effectively build a resume, cover letter, and other
supplements, as well as strategies on how to tailor key documents
for different opportunities.
Week 3: Section 2: Networking
Learn how to make things happen for yourself by preparing for,
performing in, and following up on networking opportunities.
Week 4: Section 3: Interview Skills
Learn how to prepare for a variety of interview by acing common
interview questions and other key strategies. Finally, learn how to
land—and accept—your next job opportunity.
Section 4: Course Exam
Demonstrate your mastery in the final assessment
What you'll learn
- Become familiar with job search resources and techniques, including effective networking
- Learn how to create and curate a professional social networking profile, such as LinkedIn, to showcase strengths
- Write a compelling resume and cover letter
- Become familiar with common interview questions
- Possess techniques for how to approach non-conventional interview questions
- Plan out future professional development opportunities for continued learning
xMocc (based on transmission of contents through video, documents, tests)Course ComponentsYou will encounter many different types of components that will help you to learn and applynew concepts in this course. They include:• Videos: Narrative Videos, Vignette Videos • Readings • Infographics • Interactive Components• Assessments: Learning Checks, End of Section Assessments, The Final, Discussion Questions, Individual Reflections, Drag and Drop Exercises, Self-Assessments.
The grading of this course is based on your participation and assessment responses. Inorder to pass the course and earn a certificate, you must successfully complete 75% of theweighted course assessments. You can find a full inventory of assessment types in theCourse Components handout.
- Soft skills Communication
- Language English
- Other languages (eg. Subtitles) Aucune information
- Period of activation Aucune information
- Date Aucune information
- Duration 4 weeks
- Level of commitment required 1-2 hours/week
- Cost MOOC Gratuit, Certification payante * Détails sur la plateforme
- Providing institution FullbridgeX
- Mooc Platform edx
- Target group StudentsYoung workers
- Instructor Jim Pautz and Caroline Young
- Level of assistance offered Self-learning
- Keywords Communication, networking, professional profile,, It basic knowledge, it security