Career Edge: Communication and Teamwork
This career development course will teach you how to effectively communicate, collaborate, and resolve conflicts with colleagues and become a stellar team member. You?ll learn through real-world examples and scenarios, which will enable you to be ready to collaborate on day one of your next job or project.
This is the second course in the five-part Career Edge Fullbridge XSeries, designed to prepare student for career success.
Recommended Course Schedule
Section 0: Course Introduction
Meet the course team and learn how to navigate the course
Section 1: Fundamentals of Communication Learn the broad strokes of professional communication and how to structure effective messages, reach your audiences, and resolve professional conflicts
Section 2: Communication Strategies
Familiarize yourself with professional communication strategies for in-person communication, presenting, and emailing
Section 3: Effective Teamwork and Project Planning.
Apply the communication skills you have learned to effective teamwork and project management
Section 4: Course Exam
Demonstrate your mastery in the final assessment
This career development course will teach you how to effectively communicate, collaborate, and resolve conflicts with colleagues and become a stellar team member.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Choose appropriate communication styles and formats for different audiences and situations
- Structure email and PowerPoint communications for maximum impact
- Form an effective team and build a project plan
- Identify points of conflict and facilitate resolution
- Plan and facilitate effective team meetings
- Use known techniques and practices to improve group collaboration
- Be able to disagree constructively with peers
Course Components:Videos Readings delve into key concepts and scenarios that will help to deepen your understandingInfographicsAssessments (learning checks, end of section assessments, the final assessment, discussion questions, individual reflection, drag and drop exercises, self-assessments, annotation exercises)
Assessments: learning checks, end of section assessments, the final assessment, discussion questions, individual reflection, drag and drop exercises, self assessments, annotation exercises.An instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo (29$).
- Soft skills Communication, Travail d'équipe
- Language English
- Other languages (eg. Subtitles) Aucune information
- Period of activation Aucune information
- Date Aucune information
- Duration 4 weeks
- Level of commitment required 1-2 hours/week
- Cost MOOC Gratuit, Certification payante * Détails sur la plateforme
- Providing institution FullbridgeX
- Mooc Platform EdX
- Target group StudentsYoung workersWorkers
- Instructor Jim Pautz, Caroline Young
- Level of assistance offered Link – will be guiding through the content in short video lecturesCaroline Young – periodically share course updates, interact with users on discussion boards, and engage with learners.
- Keywords Communication, teamwork, collaboration, conflicts solving, It basic knowledge, it security