Project Management for Business Professionals
This course provides an introduction to the concepts, techniques, and principles of project management. Primary emphasis will be on learning the project management process outlined in the Project Management Institute's PMBOK Guide (Project Management Body of Knowledge Guide). Agile, extreme, and other variations of project management will be discussed and their key features related to the PMBOK Guide.
This is the second course in the five-part Career Edge Fullbridge XSeries, designed to prepare student for career success.
Recommended Course Schedule
Module 1: Introduction to Project Management
Module 2: Initiating a Project - Project Charter
Module 3: Initiating Projects: Stakeholders
Module 4: Defining a Project - Project Requirements
Module 5: Defining a Project - Project Scope
Module 6: Defining a Project - Work Breakdown Structure
Module 7: Identifying Project Milestones
Module 8: Identifying Project Activities
Module 9: Estimating Project Schedules & Costs
Module 10: Monitoring & Controlling a Project
Module 11: Traditional vs. Agile, Extreme, and Other Project Management Approaches
Upon completion of the course students will be able to plan, schedule, budget, estimate, control, and monitor projects. In addition, they will become familiar with resource allocation, resource loading and the creation and use of GANTT and PERT charts.
At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Defend a project management plan.
- Generate project management tools using appropriate software.
- Describe the factors in the software development process.
- Choose and defend a development strategy for a project.
- Evaluate the project management tools used in developing a project strategy.
- Prioritize project risk and reward.
- Create project management reports.
Course Components:Readings delve into key concepts and scenarios that will help to deepen your understandingAssessments (discussion questions, individual reflection)
Assessments: discussion questions, individual reflection.An instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo (99$).
- Soft skills Communication, Travail d'équipe, Learning to learn
- Language English
- Other languages (eg. Subtitles) no other languages
- Period of activation Periodicaly opened
- Date Aucune information
- Duration 8 weeks
- Level of commitment required 2-3 hours/week
- Cost MOOC Gratuit, Certification payante * Détails sur la plateforme
- Providing institution [individual instructor]
- Mooc Platform Canvas
- Target group StudentsYoung workersWorkers
- Instructor Peter Von Stackelberg
- Level of assistance offered –interact with users on discussion boards, and engage with learners.
- Keywords Teamwork, time management