Innovation Generation: How to Be Creative
This course is based on an extraordinarily successful program that has been presented at over 70 top American universities. Over the next 5 weeks Dr. Roberta Ness, an internationally renowned physician-scientist and an expert in innovative thinking, provides proven techniques to expand your originality. The method she will teach you is described by the acronym PIG In MuD: Define the problem, identify frames, generate all possible alternatives, incubate, meld to your best ideas, and disseminate. Your mascot will be Eggbert, an uptight, risk-avoidant pig who will learn a thing or two along with you.
Recommended Course Schedule
Problem defining and Phrasing
Identify: Frames and Metaphors
Generate: Observation and Analogy
Generate: Re-organisation and rearrangement
Generate: Lateral Thinking
Meld & Disseminate
You will sharpen your powers of observation, making surprising associations, expanding assumptions, pulling questions apart, and thinking backwards. Solving real-world problems in business and science, you will hone your creative thinking skills. In a final group project, you will be amazed by how creative you have become. Since the top projects will be voted up onto the home page and visible to all collaborating companies, you may even come across unique career opportunities when you and your ideas are “discovered.”.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Clarify a tricky problem that calls for a new approach
- Identify habitual ways of thinking and find novel alternatives
- Propose loads of innovative approaches using thinking tools such as analogy, reversal, expansion, narrowing, changing point- of view
- Find the best innovative approach to solve specific problems
- Spread your innovation and learn to effectively communicate your novel ideas
Course Components:Videos Discussion, ReadingsAssessments weekly testsExercises
Assessments: learning checks, end of section assessments, the final assessment, discussion questions, project self-assessment..
- Soft skills Travail d'équipe, Problem solving
- Language English
- Other languages (eg. Subtitles) Aucune information
- Period of activation Periodicaly opened
- Date Aucune information
- Duration 5 weeks
- Level of commitment required 1-2 hours/week
- Cost Gratuit * Détails sur la plateforme
- Providing institution University of Texas Health Science Center
- Mooc Platform EdX
- Target group StudentsYoung workersWorkers
- Instructor Roberta Ness
- Level of assistance offered Dr. Roberta Ness – will be guiding through the content in short video lectures.
- Keywords Creative, teamwork, out-of-the-box, brainstorming,