- No group
- Modules’ titles and Contents:
Unit 1: Audience Analysis
Unit 2: Internal Communication: Writing Memos and Emails
Unit 3: External Communication: Formal Letters
Unit 4: Using Visuals to Convey Information
Unit 5: Process Documentation
Unit 6: Writing Proposals
Unit 7: Communicating on the Internet
- Name of the teache
- Brandi Granett
- Merton Lee
- Would you suggest following the entire MOOC or just some modules? entire
- Declared aims of the MOOC
„Detailed course on technical writing in a workplace context, which covers audience analysis, memo writing and internal communications, form letters, presentations and the use of visuals, process documentation, proposals, and writing in the Internet era.“
- Select the appropriate technical communications style for a given audience.
- Describe communication goals to readers in the workplace.
- Apply strategies for writing clear English.
- Utilize effective page layout and design.
- Explain how visuals aid understanding.
- Integrate effective planning and revision into technical communications.
- Differentiate among models for instruction, description, definition, and summary.
Full Syllabus online:
- List of Soft skills developed: Communication
- List of digital skills developed:
xMOOC (videos, further readings, assessments, quizzes, transcripts, forum)
Is there a final certification? free certificates of completion (no credit), college credit possible (Thomas Edison State University's TECEP exam, unknown fee)Learning outcomes:By exam at any time2 hours to complete the testTypically 50 questions (multiple choice) per examPassing score is 70%Unlimited attemptsWhen: at the end of a course
- Soft skills Communication
- Language English
- Other languages (eg. Subtitles) Aucune information
- Period of activation Aucune information
- Date Aucune information
- Duration Self paced
- Level of commitment required The "average" student will take 86 hours to complete this course.
- Cost Gratuit * Détails sur la plateforme
- Providing institution Saylor Academy
- Mooc Platform http://www.saylor.orgSaylor Academy ( )
- Target group College students, open for all persons
- Instructor Aucune information
- Level of assistance offered Availability of teachersHow to contact themForum / discussion groups
- Keywords Usa, Communication, Technical writing