Employability Skills For Industry
Employability skills are necessary for getting, keeping, and doing well on a job. This course introduces you to the skills you need for your career - from the interview process through keeping your job. This course will help identify the skills you have and the skills you may need to work on so you can do well in industry jobs.
Good employees have confidence in themselves; communicate and collaborate with others honestly and openly; display respect for themselves, co-workers, and supervisors. Good employees know how to work with others - both workers and customers - regardless of other people’s diversity and individual differences. This course will help you learn to recognize your strengths and build the confidence and relationship skills you need to succeed as a part of a team and part of a group
This course will help identify the skills you have and the skills you may need to work on so you can do well in industry jobs.
The topics this course will address include:
- Workplace Courtesy
- Resume Building
- Being a Team Player-Cooperating with Co-Workers
- Time Management
Participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to create a plan to help you improve their soft skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to improve personal management in meeting employer expectations of job site time management by prioritizing tasks at work.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to identify problems and their root causes, identify possible solutions to problems by addressing the root causes and implement and evaluate a solution to an identified problem
- Explain how direct and indirect communication styles can create misunderstandings in the workplace and analyze a scenario and develop a list of conflicts that impact the workplace.
- Analyze a workplace scenario by interpreting behaviors and decision-making practices that are discourteous and unprofessional and analyze how a person's professionalism impacts the working environment.
The course is self-paced.
no data, no credential
- Soft skills Travail d'équipe
- Language English
- Other languages (eg. Subtitles) Aucune information
- Period of activation Self-paced
- Date Aucune information
- Duration 5 weeks
- Level of commitment required 2-3 hours/week
- Cost Aucune information * Détails sur la plateforme
- Providing institution Colorado Community College
- Mooc Platform Canvas
- Target group a wide range of audiences (no requirements)
- Instructor Katherine Woodmansee
- Level of assistance offered no data
- Keywords Adaptability, flexibility, teamwork, self-evaluation