Redesign Your Career with a new Personal Business Model
Replace career confusion with career confidence, whether you want to improve in your current position, change jobs, or start your own enterprise. This hands-on, experiential course teaches you step-by-step how to define and redesign your Personal Business Model™ — the logic by which you create and deliver value. Gain clarity and power at work by mastering the systematic, repeatable way to optimize the most important business model of all: business model you. Taught directly by the author of the global bestseller Business Model You.
Section 1: What is Work?
- On the Job takeaways from "What is Work?"
- Why Money Solves Only One Career Problem
- Wrapup on Why Money Solves Only One Career Problem
- Avoid “Passion” When Selecting an Occupation
- The Difference Between Jobs and Work
Section 2: Entrepreneurship Fundamentals for Career Re-Designers
- What is Entrepreneurship?
- Modern Entrepreneurship Theory in Less Than Seven Minutes
- What's Entrepreneurship's True Core? (Hint: Not What You Think!)
- 12 Minutes to Financial Literacy (that's all we can stand...:)
- The Scalability Secret
- Which of the Four Workstyles is Right for You?
- Why You Shouldn't Become an Entrepreneur
- Lifeline Discovery Followup
Section 3: Business Model Thinking: Enterprises
- What are Business Models? Why are they Important?
- The Supreme Law of Business Models
- The Business Model Canvas
- Case Study: How to Diagram an Enterprise Business Model (Part 1)
- Case Study: How to Diagram an Enterprise Business Model (Part 2)
- Two Secret Weapons for Work Seekers
- Take-Home Enterprise Business Model Project
Section 4: Business Model Thinking: Individuals
- The Personal Business Model Canvas
- How to Diagram Your Personal Business Model Step-by-Step: Quick Approach
- How to Diagram Your Personal Business Model Step-by-Step: Slow Approach
- Diagnosing Your Personal Business Model
- Revising Your Model
Section 5: Testing Your New Model
- How to Test Your Model Using Focused Inquiry
- Check your understanding of Focused Inquiry
- The Golden Key to Career Development (and entrepreneurship!)
- Customer Development Basics
- Focus on Modeling, not "The Model"
- The Three Career Questions You Must Ask Yourself
This hands-on, experiential course teaches you step-by-step how to define and redesign your Personal Business Model™ — the logic by which you create and deliver value. Gain clarity and power at work by mastering the systematic, repeatable way to optimize the most important business model of all: business model you.
After this course you:
- Understand and diagnose your current Personal Business Model™
- Redesign your Model for greater satisfaction and success
- Learn business modeling and entrepreneurship principles, how they apply to organizations and individuals, and how you can use them over your entire career
Video lectures and reading
Assessments: learning checks (quizzes)
- Soft skills Communication, Negotiation, Self evaluation
- Language English
- Other languages (eg. Subtitles) no other languages
- Period of activation Self-paced
- Date Aucune information
- Duration 37 lectures 4,5 h of content
- Level of commitment required 2 hour per week
- Cost Payant * Détails sur la plateforme
- Providing institution none
- Mooc Platform EdX
- Target group Young workersWorkers
- Instructor Tim Clark
- Level of assistance offered Tim Clark videos
- Keywords Job, career development, personal development, salary, job-live balance