Learn the general concepts of data mining along with basic methodologies and applications. Then dive into one subfield in data mining: pattern discovery. Learn in-depth concepts, methods, and applications of pattern discovery in data mining. We will also introduce methods for pattern-based classification and some interesting applications of pattern discovery. This course provides you the opportunity to learn skills and content to practice and engage in scalable pattern discovery methods on massive transactional data, discuss pattern evaluation measures, and study methods for mining diverse kinds of patterns, sequential patterns, and sub-graph patterns.
You will become familiar with the course, your classmates, and our learning environment. The orientation will also help you obtain the technical skills required for the course.
Week 1: The Computer and the Human
In this week's module, you will learn what data visualization is, how it's used, and how computers display information. You'll also explore different types of visualization and how humans perceive information.
Week 2: Visualization of Numerical Data
In this week's module, you will start to think about how to visualize data effectively. This will include assigning data to appropriate chart elements, using glyphs, parallel coordinates, and streamgraphs, as well as implementing principles of design and color to make your visualizations more engaging and effective.
Week 3: Visualization of Non-Numerical Data
In this week's module, you will learn how to visualize graphs that depict relationships between data items. You'll also plot data using coordinates that are not specifically provided by the data set.
Week 4: The Visualization Dashboard
In this week's module, you will start to put together everything you've learned by designing your own visualization system for large datasets and dashboards. You'll create and interpret the visualization you created from your data set, and you'll also apply techniques from user-interface design to create an effective visualization system.
- learn what data visualization is, how it's used, and how computers display information
- learn how to visualize graphs that depict relationships between data items
- design your own visualization system for large datasets and dashboards
Individual homework or paper requested.
Weekly graded assignments
- Soft skills Information and data processing
- Language English
- Other languages (eg. Subtitles) Aucune information
- Period of activation Autre
- Date Aucune information
- Duration Aucune information
- Level of commitment required Aucune information
- Cost Payant * Détails sur la plateforme
- Providing institution University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Mooc Platform Coursera
- Target group Aucune information
- Instructor Aucune information
- Level of assistance offered Aucune information
- Keywords Aucune information