Management and leadership: growing as a manager
This free online course will provide an introduction to the foundation skills and knowledge that you need when becoming a manager.
The course is designed for new or aspiring managers, who wish to supplement their experience with formal training and begin thinking about their continuing professional development.
Week 1 - What is Management?
- What is management?
- Personal development planning
- Influencing and communicating
Week 2 - Management Styles
- An introduction to management styles
- Classic management style theories
- The importance of management styles – trust in the workplace
Week 3 - Decision Making and Data
- An introduction to decision making
- A possible approach to decision making
- The importance of data and information
- Decision information
Week 4 - Stakeholders
- An introduction to stakeholders
- Categorising stakeholders
- Understanding stakeholders and meeting their needs
- define the concepts of management and leadership;
- evaluate different management and learning styles;
- recognise the need for and importance of data as evidence in good decision making;
- define the term “stakeholders” and explain why they’re important;
- and begin the on-going process of personal development planning.
- Soft skills Leadership
- Language English
- Other languages (eg. Subtitles) Aucune information
- Period of activation Periodicaly opened
- Date Aucune information
- Duration Aucune information
- Level of commitment required 3 hours per week
- Cost MOOC Gratuit, Certification payante * Détails sur la plateforme
- Providing institution The Open University
- Mooc Platform Future Learn
- Target group Aucune information
- Instructor Angela Lilley
- Level of assistance offered Aucune information
- Keywords Aucune information